London & Provincial Bank
LONDON & PROVINCIAL BANK IN SURREY
The London & Provincial Bank was formed as the Provincial Banking Corporation in 1864, when the East of England Bank and the firm of Day, Nicholson and Stone of Rochester and Chatham were taken over.
In 1870 the bank was restructured and became the London & Provincial Bank Ltd., which it remained until taken over by the London & South Western Bank in 1917.
The bank had over a dozen branches throughout Surrey, including Sutton (opened in 1871), Twickenham (1872) & Richmond (1873).
Cheque issued by London & Provincial Bank
Surrey branches (pre-1900):
Anerley, Camberley, Carshalton, Croydon, East Sheen, Egham, Ewell, Kew, Lower
Mitcham, Richmond, Staines, Stanmore, Surbiton, Sutton, Thornton Heath,