St. Anne's was desined by G. E. Street and built 1862-64. It is a fine example of G. e. Street's elemental geometry. It is built of stone with a round apse and has a tiled roof with wooden pyramidal lead-covered bellcote. There are three small trefoil-headed lancets in the apse. There is a simple wooden South porch. The interior of the church is simple mostly retaining Street's furnishings.
The river Coln runs through the village of Whelford.