For more informationCupar and District Museum Schools photograph 1Cupar and District Museum Schools photograph 2
According to a school district map
for the region, the St. Imre School District was north of Cupar section 8- township 23- range 16-West of the 2nd meridian, and north west of Dysart 9-23-15-W2 . Cupar is 12 kilometers (8.42 miles) west of Dysart along SK Highway 22. South Touchwood, 13-25-16-W2, an unincorporated area located within the St. Imre 1233 School District area. South Touchwood is 26.70 kilometers (16.59 miles) north of Cupar and 30.96 kilometers (19.24 miles) north west of Dysart according to map quest
. There is a history written up in the Cupar local history book as follows. Cupar District Taking Root....And Growing.
Cupar Historical Committee. Modern Press. Saskatoon, SK. Isabel Ormiston Editor. Page 57 to 82Cupar Museum School House Photos
Cupar and District Heritage Museum One Room SchoolhousesGardiner SD 3428Granatier SD 1497St. Imre SD 1233Dysart and District museum school photosSchool Map used with permission Historical township, range, meridian mapsExplaining legal land locations, township, ranges and meridians
- CUPAR SCHOOL DISTRICT 972 meetings commenced in 1904. The site designated was the north east corner of section 12 township 23 range 17, west of the second meridian. The rural site for the school was abandoned in 1907 in favour of a school in the village of Cupar. As this became the consolidated school, there were many renovations and additions over the years. CUPAR SCHOOL DISTRICT becomes a part of the Cupar School Division in 1947.
- DALYRYMPLE SCHOOL DISTRICT 524 held meetings in the fall of 1899 concerning the establishment of a school district. The school house went up on the south east quarter of section 21 township 22 range 16 west of the second meridian. Alice Meehan became the first teacher in April of 1901. DALYRYMPLE joined the School Division in 1946, and in 1949, DALYRMPLE did not offer classes any longer, students were conveyed to Cupar.
- DELLWOOD SCHOOL DISTRICT 4668 sent in their petition in 1926. The school house was located on the north east corner of James C. Wood farm. Miss Gertrude Brinkworth held the first classes in 1926. DELLWOOD closed for two school years 1944-1946. School closed in 1956. The schoolhouse was sold, and converted into a home.
- FOX HILLS SCHOOL DISTRICT 190 ratepayers sent in their petition in November 1908 to form a school district, another petition followed two years later. The school house location was the south east quarter of section 14 township 24 range 16 west of the second meridian. The first teacher in 1912 was Miss Lily Cameron later known as Mrs. William McLean. FOX HILLS closed in 1953.
- GLEN MURRAY SCHOOL DISTRICT held their first meeting in the summer of 1922. The school yard was established on land donated by Dr. Rutledge. Miss Isabelle Drever was the first teacher in January of 1923. The schoolhouse was moved to Dysart in 1952, and students were bussed to Cupar.
- KILSHANNING SCHOOL DISTRICT 786 pioneers held their first meeting in the spring of 1912. Mr. O. Devyer began classes in September of that year. KILSHANNING became part of the CUPAR SCHOOL UNIT in 1957, and KILSHANNING closed its doors.
- LITTLE TOUCHWOOD SCHOOL DISTRICT was organised in the spring of 1912. The schoolhouse located on the southwest corner of the southwest quarter of section 20 township 25 range 16 west of the second meridian.
- LOON CREEK SCHOOL DISTRICT 868 OF THE NORTH WEST TERRITORIES sent in a letter requesting a school district in the spring of 1903. The schoolhouse was opened in 1904 under T.G. Moore. A new, larger school house was needed by 1923, and the location chosen was section 35, township 21 range 17. This school yard was north of the first school house site. In 1956, the school house was sold in 1961, and moved to a farm.
- LUPESCU SCHOOL DISTRICT 3146 was established on farm land owned by Wargulescu. LUPESCU SCHOOL joined the CUPAR SCHOOL UNIT, at which time, they wanted to buy the land the school yard was established upon. The new owners agreed if the school name changed to PRINCESS ELIZABETH.
- PRINCESS ELIZABETH SCHOOL DISTRICT 3146 opened for classes in the 1945-1946 school year. PRINCESS ELIZABETH remained open until 1958. The previous name of the school was LUPESCU.
- MARIGOLD SCHOOL DISTRICT 4807 opened in 1931. Cupar was situated nine miles south. Charles Hunt began the first classes. In 1953 MARIGOLD closed, and pupils were conveyed into Cupar. The school house was moved to Kelliher.
- ST. IMRE SCHOOL DISTRICT organised in 1913. Mr. Martin Charles opened the school classes in 1915. Touchwood trail ran through the ST. IMRE school yard
- Consolidated School Districts - a large chapter on the transition between the rural one room school house, and the Consolidated Schools established in towns and villages in the mid 1940s