Hill Point Cemetery is located 16 miles south and 1 mile east of Dinsmore off Highway 42. The cemetery was started in 1922. Trees and flowers were planted at the time but were lost in the drought of the 1930’s and the cemetery is now covered with native grass. In 1995 Myrtle Broom reported in the Dinsmore history book “A Place to Call Home” that the records of burials were destroyed in a fire many years ago.
In 1980, as a 'Saskatchewan 75th Project', the ladies of the Suncrest (Homemakers) Women’s Institute took over the cleanup and care of the cemetery. The original plans were located by Herb Swan, MLA and with help of people in the area the posts around the cemetery were painted. In 1986 the plots were re-staked and a sign marking the cemetery was made and erected by Ken and Shirley Bogner. In 1993 the old fence was removed and replaced and at this time the Oja brothers donated a new entrance gate.
With the record of early burials lost… white painted wooden crosses were erected on known grave locations in the cemetery. In this listing these crosses have been randomly assigned to one of the known or unknown names—unfortunately there is no way of knowing if any are correctly assigned.