Bay is located on the northeast end of the Kupreanof Peninsula, 350
miles southwest of Anchorage. It lies at approximately 55░ 54' N
Latitude, 159░ 29' W Longitude (Sec. 33, T049S, R066W, Seward Meridian).
The community is located in the Aleutian Islands Recording District. The
area encompasses 11 sq. miles of land and 1 sq. miles of water.
The bay was named by Lt. Dall of the
U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey in 1880. A salmon cannery operated at
this site from the 1930s to the early 50s. A post office operated from
1952 to 1954. Several families moved from Perryville to Ivanof Bay in
1965 in search of better water sources and hunting grounds, and to
pursue a peaceful lifestyle with religious freedom. There are two
predominant families, the Kalmakoffs and the Calugans.