is adjacent to and within the City boundaries of St. Mary's. It is on
the north bank of the Andreafsky River, 3.5 miles northeast of Pitka's
Point in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta. It lies at approximately 62░ 03' N
Latitude, 163░ 10' W Longitude . The community is located in the Bethel
Recording District. The area encompasses 3 sq. miles of land and 0 sq.
miles of water.
By 1899, the village had become a
supply depot and winter quarters for the Northern Commercial Company's
riverboat fleet. The village was named for the Andrea family who settled
here, and was originally called "Clear River." The family built a
Russian Orthodox Church. A Catholic mission was established nearby in
1949. The surrounding area became the incorporated City of St. Mary's in
1967, although Andreafsky chose to remain separate. In 1980, the two