Juneau's municipal cemetery in the northwestern part of the city. Evergreen Cemetery Association deeded the grounds to the City of Juneau on May 23, 1907. Calhoun Avenue, a residential street and principal traffic artery running along the edge of the bluff from Fourth Street to Gold Creek, was named for Mrs. Mary V. Calhoun, an early resident of the area. The street was first opened about 1890 to provide access to Evergreen Cemetery, which had then just been established, and was first known as Cemetery Road, which name continued in use at least as late as 1902. Pederson Hill was caretaker at Evergreen Cemetery from 1902 until 1910.
Entries for those whose remains were shipped elsewhere for burial are included in the above listings.
|Skagway - Hoonah - Angoon|