Alberta GenWeb Digital Archives

Alberta GenWeb Digital Archives
NOTICE: These electronic pages may NOT be reproduced in any format for profit or presentation by any other organization or persons. Persons or organizations desiring to use this material, must obtain the written consent of the contributor, or the legal representative of the submitter, and contact the listed Alberta Digital archivist with proof of this consent. The submitter has given permission to the Alberta Digital Archives to store the file permanently for free access.

Parkland Community History - Kapasiwin

Contributed for use in Alberta Digital Archives by Darlene Homme


The name Kapasiwin (meaning a Short Stop in Cree) was chosen by Father Beaudry, a Catholic Priest, in the late 1800's. It is on the east end of Wabamun lake, south of the railroad trestle and across Moonlight Bay. George Scott was one of the earliest cottage owners, building in 1910. In 1914 Fred S. Watson built his cottage although he had bought the land at an earlier date. Other early cottage owners were Judge J.R. Boyle, Mr. H.A. Magoon, the Davies and the Websters.

Contact |  Copyright 1997-2011 ALBERTAGenWeb