Tim's Terrific Tips--MAKING PROGRESS
TIM'S TERRIFIC TIPS ON MAKING PROGRESS
Distribute freely for noncommercial/nonprofit and include this header.
The easiest way to make progress is probably something like this:
- interviews, family Bibles, etc for currently known ancestors
- death, marriage, etc records from the state and counties for those living after
- census records back to 1850. lesser dependence 1790-1850. it's tough bridging
the gap from 1800-1850. also bridging the missing 1890 census.
- church records all the way back. more dependence on them before 1850 (more readily
available before then. probably most from before 1800 are in print and available).
- wills, land, etc records all the way back.
- tax records before 1790
[an error occurred while processing this directive]